Thursday, May 09, 2013

Trailer Time! Ender's Game

I can't tell you how excited I am for this movie. I only read 'Ender's Game' by Orson Scott Card for the first time last summer, and I absolutely loved it. That Card was able to jam so much story into so few pages blew my mind. Not only that, it was a story that just got into me, for any kid who just wants to fit, for any person who questions authority, for anyone who sees the futility and/or unbearable necessity in conflict; Ender's Game speaks to all of us. So needless to say, when I heard, shortly after finishing the book that they were making it into a movie, I was elated and apprehensive, as I always am when they adapt a book I love into a movie. But then they announced casting Asa Butterfield (who was phenomenal in The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and Hugo) as Ender Wiggin, Harrison Ford as Hyrum Gruff and Ben Kingsley as Mazer Rackham, and that excitement started to take over from the apprehension.
Here's the trailer, what do you think?

EXCITED YET?! And if you haven't read the book yet, GET ON THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment