Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Trailer Time! The Wolverine

Let me talk to you about Wolverine. I LOVE him. I know, I say I love a lot of things, but he is my most favourite comic book character. I enjoyed Hugh Jackman's turn as the Ol' Canucklehead in the X-Men movies (despite the awfulness that is X3) and then 'Wolverine: Origins' happened. You should have seen me in the theatre. I was seething with anger at all the ways they were ruining my Wolverine. (not mention whatever the hell that was they did to Deadpool) My friend Craig tried to talk me down a bit, but I couldn't be deterred from my hate. However, now that I understand the politics of the Marvel movie universe a little better I see that 'Wolverine: Origin' was slapped together to hang on to the rights and not let Wolverine go back home to Marvel. (or at least that's what I keep telling myself) 
However, with this trailer it makes me think that director James Mangold (of 'Walk the Line' and 'Girl, Interrupted fame) looks like he's trying to right some wrongs in 'The Wolverine'. Jean Grey hallucinations, the Silver Samurai, and kinds of Wolverine being awesome, sounds good to me!
What do you think? I'll be in the theatre watching Wolvie on the big screen, no matter what, and it certainly won't be hard to be better than the last movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment