Saturday, May 12, 2012

Animation goes spoooooky

While I struggle with my other feature reviews lets do some more trailer reviews! Looks like those of us who are fans of fun spooky animation are going to be in for some treats this year!
First, in August we get to meet Norman, aka ParaNorman, a lonely social outcast who can see ghosts and ghouls. He has to summon up his powers to help save his town when an evil witch raises a zombie army. YAY! Colour me excited!

Then in September, we're all going to pack up our bags and head out to Hotel Transylvania. Dracula has set up a five stake resort for him and his spooky buddies to get away from the everyday hustle and bustle of being monsters. It's the lap of luxury and most importantly they can be themselves, that is, until Jonathan shows up and ruins everything. Also, it looks like we're staging an SNL reunion with the voice cast of this movie which features [among many others] Adam Sandler, David Spade, Molly Shannon and Andy Samberg. Most excitingly for me is that this movie is directed by Genndy Tartakovsky. I love this man. He brought me some of the greatest animated series of all time, including Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls  and my all time favourite Samurai Jack, of which I am still waiting impatiently for a movie to be made. [Maybe if this does well, it will be? EVERYONE SEE THIS MOVIE!]

Last but most certainly not least comes Tim Burton's Frankenweenie in October. Here's the thing about this one. I do love Tim Burton, his movies make me all kinds of happy, but I've already seen this one. Seriously, he made it back in 1984 as short film, and if like me you own the deluxe version of Nightmare Before Christmas then you've probably seen it already too. It's the story of Victor who brings his dog back Sparky back to life. I can only assume that there's more going on in the feature version, and of course I'll go see it, due to the aforementioned love of all things Burton, but still...seen it.

What do you think? Excited for this year's crop of spooky animated movies? Any other animated movies you're excited about this year?




No comments:

Post a Comment